Director of Retail and Marketing, Ken Morton Jr. shares his top 5 product/brands from the 2017 PGA Merchandise Show that he’s most excited about for the upcoming year.
The PGA Merchandise Show is the industry’s leading golf show, known as the “MAJOR of Golf Business” and it is the best place in the country to discover the newest technologies, trends and products in golf equipment. The 2017 PGA Merchandise Show was held at the Orange County Convention Center in Orlando, FL and ran from January 24 through January 27.
Ken Morton Jr.’s top 5:
- Shaftlign Putters – The unique visual allows easy set-up and at the same time, perfectly squares the face. The combination of the white shaft and bar prove to be a great peripheral aid in not only seeing, but also analyzing the stroke. We’ll be carrying this putter as we get into March or April this spring.
- Hedge Apparel- This small line has classic bones of apparel worn in the 40’s and 50’s but is modern in every way. Our own Kelli Corlett modeled it back in the aisles and I can see our ladies thinking it’s something unique and fresh.
- Srixon Q-Star Tour Golf Balls- When most golfers think of Urethane covers, they think of the $40-$50 price category. In March, Srixon will launch their new Q-Star Tour, a 3pc ultra-soft feel golf ball with a urethane cover that will be priced at the great value price point of $29.99.
- Callaway Sure-Out Wedges- Hank Haney- whom you’ll get to meet at our upcoming Golf Expo- has worked with the Callaway designers to bring you a new take on an old classic- a new Sure Out wedge that will be out late April or early May.
- Golf Pride Align Grips– Golf Pride, the leader in golf grips, is taking the Reminder to a new level with Align Technology. Available in both the MCC and the MCC Plus4, the Align design features a raised ridge on the back of the grip that functions like a Reminder both to ensure consistent hand placement and also to help square the face at impact. Unlike traditional Reminders, the Align features a micro-diamond texture and a material that’s 50% firmer than the rest of the grip to help magnify feel. In addition, a “flex channel,” lifts the Align ridge from the body of the grip to the highest level allowed by USGA regulations, providing maximum benefit to the player.
Look for these products coming soon to Haggin Oaks Golf Super Shop.
In case you missed our live coverage of the 2017 PGA Merchandise Show click HERE to read our blog.
Haggin Oaks Golf Super Shop is located at 3645 Fulton Ave Sacramento, CA 95821. Call 916-808-2526 for questions.