Here are some highlights from the second round of the 2011 PGA Championship.
– Keegan Bradley and Jason Dufner are tied for first at 5-under after two days of play. Stricker fell to 3-under and is tied for 7th place after leading the pack on Thursday.
– This is Keegan Bradley’s first major and he had nerves of steel to shoot a 64 today. Tidbit: Bradley is the nephew of Pat Bradley (former LPGA player and LPGA hall of famer)
– The pack is tight, with Jim Furyk, D.A. Points, John Senden and Scott Verplank only one shot behind the leaders.
– After injuring his right wrist on the first day of play by swinging at a ball too close to a tree root, Rory McIllroy returned on Friday and shot a 73. “I hope to make a good run at it the next couple of days,” McIlroy said. “I feel as if I can still make birdies out there. If I didn’t think I could contend, I probably wouldn’t be playing.” You gotta give this guy credit – he isn’t giving up!
– Tiger Woods MISSES the cut which marks the third time this has ever happened since he has turned pro. “Yeah,” Woods acknowledged after his round, “I’ve got some time off again.” The first two times were the 2006 US Open and the 2009 British Open.
– Shaun Micheel had a disappointing round today. After shooting 66 on Thursday, he finished Friday with a 78 and there was a chance he wouldn’t make the cut. He did pull through though!
– Oops! Brandt Snedeker was assessed a two-stroke penalty when he showed up 2 minutes late for his tee time. “It’s embarrassing,”explained Snedeker, “I feel like I’m 2 years old.” He missed the cut by 3 strokes.
– Golf Digest has some cool, exclusive images captured by their photographers at the Atlanta Athletic Club. Click HERE to view.