At the age of 75, Murray ‘Stan’ Newberry passed away peacefully from cancer on October 18, 2011 with his loving family by his side. He was born in Santa Rosa, CA on October 4, 1936. He was preceded in death by his son, Randy Newberry; his sister Barbara Lee; his father Murray Newberry, Sr.; and mother, Theresa Toth. He leaves behind his loving daughters, Debbie (Mike) Jones and Sherri (Paul) Morissette and their mother Doloris; his grandchildren, Jason, Stryder, Kelli, Andrea, Miles, Nicolani; and great-grandchildren, Tyler, Christian, Madison, Lola, Caleb; and niece Lori. Stan was a kind and generous man who loved to play golf and enjoyed watching his grandchildren grow. He was their biggest fan and never missed a game. Stan retired from the Nestle Company as a Senior Sales Representative before retiring in 1989. His passion for golf led him to work for Haggin Oaks Golf Course where he spent his final days. He enjoyed the crew he worked with and was very fond of the friendly golfers he helped. Stan will be missed by many and his legacy will live on. A memorial service is planned for Saturday, October 29, 1:00pm at the Citrus Heights Community Church, 7405 Mariposa Ave, Citrus Heights, CA 95610. In lieu of flowers, the family requests that donations be made in his name to the Morton Golf Foundation. Please contact Jane Siebers at 916-808-0969, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Golf in the City of Sacramento
- Beautiful, New Haggin Oaks Custom Made Jewelry and Gifts at the Shop
- Bing Maloney’s Ladies 9-Hole Fun Play Groups Meet Two Days Each Week
- Save on Lessons with Calvin Carpenter During the Fall Lesson Sale
- PING introduces Sigma 2 putters with dual- durometer face and adjustable-length shaft
- Uplevel your Golf Game with our Fall Lesson Special at Haggin Oaks and Bing Maloney