Free Event Brings 180+ Manufacturers Together With Innovations like the Major Championship Pavilion, ESPN 1320 Game Improvement Stage features a Caddyshack Star and PGA Tour Winners as well as Tour Van fitting opportunities.
Named by Golf World, Golf Digest and Golf Range magazines as the best golf promotion in the country, the 40th Annual Haggin Oaks Golf Expo continues to lay claim to the title of “America’s Largest Demo Days”. This year’s event is Friday, April 24 through Sunday, April 26, 2015.
With over 180 different manufacturers and booths scheduled to appear, the Haggin Oaks Golf Expo is truly the show of all shows- hosting golfers from all over California, Oregon and Nevada to see the latest in golf equipment to the best vacation destinations- and everything in between! Best of all, admission is FREE! More than 22,000 golfers travel to “America’s Largest Demo Day” annually to test the hottest equipment and accessories; experience the latest launch monitors & Tour Tech vans; trade in old clubs; and shop in the 15,000+ square foot Haggin Oaks Golf Super Shop. Nowhere else in the country will there be a larger collection of golf vendors available to the general public. Show hours run Friday – Sunday from 9 am to 5 pm daily.
New for 2015!
- Celebrity Appearances
- Michael O’Keefe (aka Danny Noonan from Caddyshack) Appearance & Q&A– For golfers, the holy grail of golf movies is none other than the 1980 comedy film Caddyshack, directed by Harold Ramis and written by Brian Doyle-Murray, Harold Ramis and Douglas Kenney. It starred Chevy Chase, Rodney Dangerfield, Ted Knight, Cindy Morgan, Bill Murray- as well as great actor and star Michael O’Keefe who played the most famous silver screen caddy ever, Danny Noonan. The Golf Expo is bringing him in for an exclusive Q&A session as well as an autograph and photo session. Appearance scheduled Friday, April 24, 2015 at 12 Noon.
- Roger Cleveland Appearance & Q&A- Sponsored by Callaway Golf- An appearance by legendary club designer Roger Cleveland- on the ESPN 1320 Game Improvement Stage. The Roger Cleveland name is synonymous with great wedges. The high-lofted, short game weapons remain his passion and where his craftsmanship is most widely regarded, although these days his design fingerprints are all over Callaway Golf’s entire line-up of irons- Appearance scheduled Friday, April 24, 2015 at 11:00 am.
- Don Pohl Appearance & Q&A- Sponsored by Hopkins Golf – An appearance by legendary tour player Dan Pohl on the ESPN 1320 Game Improvement Stage. Owner of two PGA Tour wins in the 1986 Colonial National Invitation and NEC World Series of Golf. Career Highlights include: 32 Year Veteran of the PGA Tour, Vardon Trophy Winner in 1986, over 400 career cuts which included over 70 top 10 finishes and over 3 million in career earnings. Appearance scheduled Friday, April 24, 2015 at 10:00 am.
- Kathy Gildersleeve-Jensen Appearance & Q&A- Sponsored by PnP Golf– An appearance by the current PGA Teacher of the Year. Fresh off being on the cover of the most recent PGA Magazine, Kathy will have three different sessions on the Haggin Oaks ESPN 1320 Game Improvement Stage to talk through practice drills and techniques to lower your score and hit it farther. Appearances scheduled daily: Friday, April 24, 2015 at 3:00 pm; Saturday, April 25 at 11:00 am and Sunday, April 26 at 11:00 am.
- John K. Solheim Appearance & Q&A- Sponsored by PING Golf– Heritage. Tradition. Legacy. Principles. These words are the foundation by which PING Golf and the Haggin Oaks Golf Super Shop have both built their businesses upon. Since the days when PING founder Karsten Solheim sold putters from his car trunk to Tom LoPresti, Haggin Oaks’ first head golf professional, these two companies have partnered together to deliver the highest quality, most custom-fit and highly engineered golf product to golfers everywhere. Now Karsten’s grandson, John K. Solheim, is engineering the design and direction of the company and he’ll be at the Haggin Oaks Golf Expo to talk about the future of golf equipment design and what makes PING different from the rest. Appearance scheduled Friday April 24, 2015 at 2:00 pm.
- $25,000 Cleveland Wedge Challenge– On the Arcade Putting Green at the Haggin Oaks – Check out the chipping/pitching contest all three days of the show where you’ll chip for points into target greens. The customer with the most points after the first two days will come back on Sunday for a one-chance pitch across the green and a chance to win $25,000. Cleveland, an industry leader in product innovation with their wedges and technologically advanced woods and irons, has one of the best-selling wedges on the marketplace with their 588 RTX 2.0 wedges in all lofts, finishes and bounces.
- Sacramento Golf Hall of Fame & Junior Commendation Ceremony– Join us for an Afternoon of Legends and Junior Leaders– For the first time in the history of the Golf Expo, Haggin Oaks will be hosting the Sacramento Golf Hall of Fame’s Induction Ceremony with this year’s class of former PGA Tour veterans and champions Bob Lunn, Bob E Smith and Dick Lotz as well as Del Paso Country Club head golf professionals Frank Minch, Sr. and Frank Minch, Jr. At 3:00 pm on Saturday, April 25, ESPN 1320’s Frank LaRosa will do live interviews with Smith and Lotz, along with year 2000 inductee Ken Morton, Sr., and a representative from Del Paso to talk about the legacy of Minch, Sr. and Minch, Jr. It will be followed by a special The First Tee of Greater Sacramento presentation to this year’s class of graduating seniors that headed to college and those that have achieved their Ace and Eagle certification.
- Grand Opening of the Sacramento Hall of Fame display in MacKenzie’s Sports Bar & Grille – To celebrate the induction of Lunn, Smith, Lotz, Minch, Sr. and Minch, Jr., Morton Golf has worked with The First Tee and made a semi-permanent display featuring all of the worthy individuals inducted into the Golf Hall of Fame over the year. Check out the new display in the foyer of the MacKenzie Sports Bar & Grille at the Haggin Oaks Golf Complex.
- The Big Golf Expo Vehicle Giveaway – To celebrate the 40th Anniversary of the Haggin Oaks Golf Expo, the team is turning back the clock and is giving away the cutest forty year-old sports car you ever saw. This car will be on display directly behind our registration desk and one lucky attendee will have their name drawn from their free entry registration on Sunday afternoon. (Winner does not have to be present to win.) Drawing to be held on Sunday, April 26, 2015.
- The Amazing RACE (at Golf Expo) Game– Race around the Haggin Oaks Golf Expo and play a new game for your chance to win an Apple iPad Mini. Upon entering the Golf Expo, pick up a game piece and as you go around and see each special location around the Golf Expo, get your game piece punched and redeem it at RACE headquarters for a delicious treat. One of the completed game cards will be picked to win the iPad Mini! No purchase necessary. Go to www.HaggginOaks.com for more details on sweepstakes.
- Golf 2016 Merchandise – Though golf has not been featured in the Olympics since the 1904 Summer Olympics, next year will feature our favorite sport in the games to be held in Rio de Janeiro. To help celebrate a special year and special occasion, we will have red/white/blue Golf 2016 goods on display and for sale in our Major Championship Pavilion.
- FREE MacKenzie Putting Course during all three days of Golf Expo – A new little paradise of sorts has sprouted- and it’s called the MacKenzie Putting Course. Palm trees, bird of paradise flowers, a bubbling brook, and challenging holes ranging from 25 to 65 feet await the legions of Northern California golfers. It instantly became a favorite with adults, kids, and families alike. Nine challenging holes are what stand in the way of you and putting brilliance. This is no miniature putt-putt, nor simply a putting green. The MacKenzie Putting Course sports water hazards, sand traps, and sneaky breaks that challenge even the most seasoned putting pros. And for all three days of Golf Expo, it will be FREE to play!
- 40 Years of Golf Expo History Collage – Our marketing team has been diving through four decades of old photographs and advertisements and will have a collage of 40 years of Golf Expo history on display in the breezeway just outside the MacKenzie’s Sport Bar & Grille. There will be photos of the old tents, and old advertisements for products and brands long since passed. It’s a fun trip down memory lane for Sacramento’s favorite golf event. Don’t miss it!
- Fashion Friday Golf Fashion Show – The merchandising team at Haggin Oaks is working with the Sacramento Art Institute and will host the very first Fashion Friday Golf Fashion Show at 1:00 pm on Friday, April 24. Come see the latest in men’s, women’s and junior fashions with music and excitement galore.
- Travis Mathew Tour Bus – The apparel brand Travis Mathew is committed to pushing the boundaries and thinking outside the box. The Awesome Tour Bus was born from that thinking. It features a full rooftop party deck, 5 high definition LED televisions, a fold-out patio, full length awnings for shade and a complete outdoor entertainment system to make shopping for one of the hottest clothing brands fun and fresh.
- Special 2015 U.S. Senior Open at Del Paso Country Club Ticket Offer– Just in case you’ve missed it, Sacramento is hosting a major championship golf tournament this summer and we’ll have representatives on-hand with an event-exclusive ticket purchase opportunity and availability to take your photograph with the actual U.S. Senior Open trophy that this year’s champion will hoist above his head this summer.
- Free Srixon On-Site Ball Personalization – Haggin Oaks will be offering free golf ball personalization with the purchase of any Srixon branded golf balls- all while you wait. Pad printing is a fascinating process and it’s done the same way on-site as in the factory. The entire process takes 10-15 minutes and you can watch as your one-of-a-kind balls are made.
Don’t Miss These Great Activities!
The Major Championship Pavilion featuring replica Open Championship Claret Jug Trophy
Few golfers get an opportunity to step onto one of golf’s hallowed courses to watch one of golf’s biggest championships- including the British Open, U.S. Open, PGA Championship or Ryder Cup. So, Haggin Oaks is doing it’s best to bring a little taste of those events home to Sacramento. In its third year, the Major Championship Pavilion will have logo goods from some of those events on hand including headwear, polo shirts and other memorabilia. And for the second time, Haggin Oaks has secured a replica of the famed Claret Jug Trophy from the British Open Championship that you’ll be able to take complimentary photos with all weekend.
The Major Championship Menu and BBQ
Doing all that shopping inside our Major Championship Pavilion is bound to make anyone hungry. And if you’re going to dress like a Tour Pro, then you might as well eat like one too. The catering team at Haggin Oaks has created a special Major Championship Menu for Golf Expo weekend to give attendees a genuine taste of those special events. Take a bite of our straight-from-Augusta famed Pimento Cheese or Egg-Salad Sandwiches. They’ll be wrapped in green wax paper, just like they are each April along those beautiful azaleas. And if Burgers are more your thing, take advantage of our special Olympic-sized burger similar to what was served at 2012’s U.S. Open. It’s a slice of specially seasoned hamburger meat served lengthwise in a hot dog bun.
MacKenzie Shop Club Garage Sale & Value Center
One of the best-kept secrets of the Haggin Oaks Golf Expo is up by the MacKenzie Pro Shop. Those in the know realize that the Haggin Oaks Golf Super Shop puts out tens of thousands of dollars of nearly new golf products at values up to 80% off their original retail. Now it’s your secret to keep!
ESPN 1320 Haggin Oaks Game Improvement Stage
The Haggin Oaks Golf Expo is continuing its ESPN 1320 Game Improvement Stage! This huge stage on wheels will create a mini-amphitheater right on the range where free educational seminars will be presented almost hourly on topics ranging from golf ball fitting to putting clinics, from golf shaft education to golf fitness instruction. We will have guest instructors, guest celebrities and in 2015, we will even induct the Sacramento Golf Hall of Fame on this stage. Check out http://hagginoaksgolfexpo.com/schedule.html for the complete schedule of events and times.
SGC Putting Championship
After a wildly successful 2014 event, the 50+ year old Sacramento Golf Council Putting Championship (formerly won by multi-time PGA Tour winner Bill Glasson) will be held over the weekend of Golf Expo again. There will be three different divisions including Men’s, Women’s and Juniors- and each of the overall winners will receive a special prize. $5 entry fee. Click http://sacgolfcouncil.org/specialevents.asp for more details.
100 Beers From Around the World
Haggin Oaks is bringing together an unprecedented collection of longnecks for you to try. Our beer specialist team has been working all spring long to bring an array of 100 different beers to have on sale during the Golf Expo. Choose from international classic lagers to more obscure local ales- and everything in between. Guests can sip their favorite beer pulled right from our ice-cold coolers right on the driving range.
PGA Tour Van Fitting Opportunities!
The Haggin Oaks Golf Expo is also home to Vendor Tour Fitting Vans normally reserved by PGA Tour events. These mobile fitting vans on wheels come complete with the latest in fitting equipment technology. With vendors like Nike, Titleist, Cobra, Cleveland, Mizuno, TaylorMade, Callaway and Ping already committed, this is one more reason that makes this event unique. This is by appointment only, so make your call today at 916-808-2531. $25 fee – applied towards any purchase.
Make Your Own Sale
It’s hard to resist the incredible offers being held during this 3-day event when nearly every single item in Haggin Oaks’ 2.5 million dollar inventory is on promotion! The more you spend that weekend, the more you’ll get back. With the exception of only a couple of vendors, any time you spend over $100 April 24-26, 2015, you’ll receive a voucher back that can be spent on anything on our golf facility beginning in May- even on sale and already-discounted merchandise. The discounts get deeper the more you spend! See the shop for details.
Titleist Golf Ball Fitting Van
The Titleist Mobile Golf Ball Fitting Van is headed to “America’s Largest Demo Days” and it will be fitting over 1700 customers that weekend. This is a great opportunity for you to meet with a Titleist Golf Ball Fitting expert, learn more about Titleist’s green-to-tee methodology and begin the fitting process. This will be done by appointment, so call 916.808.2531 to sign up today or come straight to the booth the first part of each day to sign up for this exciting opportunity.
Trade-In Trade-Up Month
In conjunction with The PGA of America’s national “Free Fitting & Trade Up Month”, the Haggin Oaks Golf Expo also offers free club fitting and equipment trade-in opportunities. Golfers can even cash in their “retired” golf gear. Haggin Oaks will have trade-in specialists on hand, offering maximum dollar for thousands of clubs, staff bags, pull carts and old training aids. Gift certificates are issued on the spot for use in the Haggin Oaks Golf Super Shop. “So few places take them now, and there’s not much that we won’t take in,” says Ken Morton, Jr. “Everybody has used equipment in their garages. They can clean it out and buy some new stuff utilizing their old stuff.”
For a list of participating vendors, a schedule of the education seminars and a vendor map, visit www.hagginoaksgolfexpo.com.
Managed by Morton Golf, the Haggin Oaks Golf Complex is located between Interstate 80 and Business 80 in Sacramento, 3645 Fulton Ave. The driving range has 100 stalls under lights and can be reached at 916-481-GOLF or www.hagginoaksgolfexpo.com for additional information.