Golf & Lifestyle Magazine recently published an article featuring some of the holiday golf gift highlights of the Haggin Oaks Golf Super Shop. The article is below:
By Brandon Taylor Carson
This whole notion of the “12 Days of Christmas” is very confusing because the 12 Days of Christmas in reality refer to the 12 Days following Christmas which I suppose actually makes them New Year’s gifts!
But no matter when you give a golf gift to a golfer, you can expect the kind of smile normally reserved for birdies. Golfers love gap wedges, getting on greens, and golf gifts and gadgets.
1. Miniature Book of Miniature Golf. Golf comes to your table top with this book and its nine miniature golf holes featuring pirates to dinosaurs and even the proverbial clown’s mouth. Miniature golf balls and a putter are included to complete your round.
2. Srixon Z-Star Tour Yellow Golf Balls. This new golf ball comes in an easy-to-find new yellow color but it’s not one of those 15-pak for $8 balls. The Z-Star is a premium Tour ball that fears neither dropped leaves nor shady lies.
3. Bushnell V2 Rangefinder. “Pocket Caddy” folks tend to split between GPS units and Rangefinders. There are plenty of reasons to choose a rangefinder and most of them have been incorporated into the new V2 Rangefinder from Bushnell. Fits in your hand, rugged package, easy-to-use, and extremely accurate. What else do you need?
4. Grow-A-Head. They’ve been around for years and they are still a hot item. The Golf Grow-A-Head just takes a bit of water to grow it, a few snips to trim it, and a bit of love to care for it. Besides, it’s bound to remind you of someone in your foursome!
5. TaylorMade Rossa Corza Ghost Putter. TaylorMade’s goal was to design the easiest to align putter—ever! They may have accomplished that goal with the Ghost. Its white color and black aiming lines on a white background sets up well against the green grass.
6. Nike Machspeed Black Driver. This exciting new driver is available in round and square designs where the air moves more quickly over and around in the swing. The square version promotes forgiveness and stability and the round version is for golfers who desire more workability and shot shaping.
7. Chromax Golf Balls. The metallic layer on the Chromax golf ball reflects the sunlight like a mirror and the colors will add some personality to your game. It’s USGA tournament legal and will add a bit more fun to your game.
8. Spongebob Squarepants Golf Balls. Belying their name, these whimsical golf balls really are round and not square! For kids or adults who still have a bit of a kid in them, these titanium golf balls will keep your foursome smiling all day.
9. Cleveland Golf CG 14 & CG 15 Wedges. This is the last year to purchase wedges with square groove technology as the USGA has made some changes. Take advantage of the time-lag and pick up this zip-groove wedge in satin chrome, oil quench, or black pearl finish.
10. Sun Mountain Micro Cart. This dandy little four wheel cart has some distinct advantages including its small fold size and lightweight construction. Its low center of gravity makes it stable on the course and it comes with a cart full of features including padded valuables tray and drink holder.
11. Superhero Headcovers. If you can’t play like a SuperHero, at least carry one in your golf bag. Choose from Superman, Wonder Woman, Captain America, Incredible Hulk, Spiderman, and The Thing. Conquer your villainous golf game once and for all!
12. Flair Hair. If you’ve got it, flaunt it. In fact, you can flaunt it, even if you don’t have it! The spiky hair phenomenon is available in a collection of different hair and visor color selections.