Sacramento area high school seniors can now apply for the 2019 Morton Golf Foundation Annual Scholarships!
In an effort to recognize juniors that have gone through any Northern California Golf Association, The First Tee of Greater Sacramento or high school program or worked at a golf facility and assist them with their higher education needs, the Morton Golf Foundation and HB Scholarship Foundation will provide college scholarships in 2019 to be given to high school seniors in Sacramento regional schools.
For eligibility requirements and rules for applying, download the following documents:
- Must have completed the junior year of high school and rank in the upper part of his/her class
scholastically. Applicants must have a 3.0 or better GPA.
- Must enroll at a college or university of his/her choice. Community colleges are eligible.
- Must have outstanding personal character, sportsmanship, and leadership qualities.
- Must have been a participant in any NCGA, TFTGS or high school golf program for at least one event, program or membership year or worked at a golf facility.
- High school must be within a 50 mile drive of the Haggin Oaks Golf Complex which is located at 3645 Fulton Avenue in Sacramento, CA 95821
Rules for Application
- Complete the application and attach a recent photo to the application.
- The application must be accompanied with 2 letters from the principal, golf coach teacher or
- A transcript of the applicant’s grades must be included.
- Answer 3 essay questions located on the scholarship application.
- All applications must be received on or before April 1, 2019.
- Mail to: Morton Golf Foundation, 3645 Fulton Ave., Sacramento, CA 95821 –OR Hand deliver to: Haggin Oaks Golf Complex, ATTN: Morton Golf Foundation, Jane Siebers
Selection Committee and Process:
The Morton Golf Foundation scholarship committee will make the selection of those members deemed most worthy of the scholarships.
All applicants will be notified in the month of May via e-mail and finalists will be asked to attend “Golf & Guitars” evening concert on Monday, May 13, 2019, to receive their recognition in person. Due to the National College Athletic Association rules, scholarship winners will not receive cash directly. Scholarship recipients are required to submit the name, address and contact person of their college or university so that the Morton Golf Foundation can send the funds to be held at the college in the name of the winner for future use.
Please feel free to contact Jane Siebers with questions at firstname.lastname@example.org or (916) 808-0969.
The Morton Golf Foundation is a 501c3 non-profit corporation established and operated exclusively for charitable purposes. The Morton Golf Foundation vision is to enrich the lives of the less fortunate through the great game of golf. Visit https://mortongolffoundation.org/ for more information.
Our Mission is to provide funds to programs offering a healthy outdoor recreational environment that stresses the building of lasting personal relationships while seamlessly instilling life’s core values for the youth, disabled and underserved communities of Sacramento. If you have any question, please direct them to Jane Siebers at email@example.com.