|2009 US Amateur Champion Byeong-hun An|
The best amateur players in the U.S. will tee it up in the 86th Annual California State Fair Men’s Amateur Golf Championship at Alister MacKenzie Golf Course, Haggin Oaks Golf Complex, September 4-6, 2010. The field includes top and nationally ranked juniors, college and mid-amateur golfers.
Scheduled to compete in the 54-hole stroke play tournament are:
• ’09 United States Amateur Champion – Byeong-hun An from Bradenton, Fl & Seoul, South Korea
• ’10 California State Amateur Champion & ’10 SCGA Champion– Scott Travers, Arroyo Trabuco, CA
• ’10 Pac 10 Individual Champion – Eric Mina, Freemont, CA
• ‘10 Alameda Commuters Champion, ‘10 San Francisco City Champ & ‘09 NCGA Amateur Champion – George Gandranata, Jakarta, Indonesia
• ‘10 Memorial Amateur Champion & ‘09 SCGA Champion – Austin Graham, San Clemente, CA
• ’10 Sacramento City Amateur Champion – Taylor Travis, Fremont, CA
The top players from Stanford, UC Davis, California, St. Marys, USF, Long Beach State, Cal State Sacramento, Chico State, U. of Pacific, Sonoma St, Santa Clara, San Jose State, Cal Poly and University Nevada Reno will be competing as well. Top players from Mexico, Norway, France and Canada attending various colleges in the United States are represented as well.
The top finishers in the strong field will earn National SPWAR Points, awarded only in eight other events west of the Mississippi.
This California State Fair Men’s Amateur Golf Championship is the premier amateur event in the western United States and among the top amateur events in the country. Past winners include PGA greats Ken Venturi, George Archer, Allen Geiberger and Kevin Sutherland. Current touring PGA professionals Nick Watney, Spencer Levin, Matt Bettencourt and many others are past participants as well.
Tee times on Saturday and Sunday run from 7AM to 1:28 PM on the 7,041-yard, par 72 Alister MacKenzie course @ Haggin Oaks