In an effort to recognize children that have gone through any Northern California Golf Association, The First Tee of Greater Sacramento or high school golf program or worked at a golf facility and assist them with their higher education needs, the Morton Golf Foundation and HB Scholarship Foundation will provide five (5) $2000 college scholarships in 2011 to be given to 5 different high school seniors in Sacramento regional schools. Click HERE for the Scholarship Application.
1. Must have completed the junior year of high school and rank in the upper part of his/her class scholastically. Applicants must have a 3.0 or better GPA.
2. Must enroll at a college or university of his/her choice. Community colleges are eligible.
3. Must have outstanding personal character, sportsmanship, and leadership qualities.
4. Must have been a participant in a NCGA, TFTGS or high school golf program for at least one event, program or membership year or worked at a golf facility.
5. High school must be within a 50 mile drive of the Haggin Oaks Golf Complex.
Rules for Application
1. Complete application and questionnaire, and attach a recent photo to the application. Click HERE to download the application.
2. Application must be accompanied with 2 letters from the principal, golf coach, teacher or counselor.
3. A transript of applicant’s grades must be included.
4. All applications must be postmarked by April 4, 2011.
5. Mail to: Morton Golf Foundation, 3645 Fulton Ave., Sacramento, CA 95821
Selection Committee and Process
The Morton Golf Foundation scholarship committee will make the selection of those members deemed most worthy of the scholarships.
All applicants will be notified in the month of May via letter or phone and finalists will be asked to attend Golf & Guitars on May 17, 2011, to receive their recognition in person.
Due to National College Athletic Association rules, scholarship winners will not receive cash directly. Scholarship recipients are required to submit the name, address, and contact person of their college or university, so that the Morton Golf Foundation can send the funds to be held at the college in the name of the winner for future use.
Click HERE to download the scholarship application.
Please feel free to contact Ken Morton, Jr. with questions at 916-871-2676 or click HERE to send an email.