NEW F-MAX Irons are COBRA’s Lightest, Easiest-to-Hit Creation
COBRA Golf, a leader in golf club innovation and design, introduced today the lightest, easiest to hit irons in company history, and in doing so brought to market the world’s first-ever super game improvement ONE LENGTH™ offering. The F-MAX Irons family is comprised of men’s and women’s versions of F-MAX variable length and F-MAX ONE LENGTH set make-ups. Each combines super light-weight designs with the best in game improvement technologies to deliver COBRA’s most forgiving and easy to hit irons ever.
The COBRA Golf F-MAX Irons utilize an ultralight configuration in which lighter shafts and lighter swing weights promote maximum clubhead speed and greater distance for moderate swing speeds. In addition, the F-MAX Irons feature larger, LAMKIN REL 360 midsize grips (soft compound men’s standard size grips on women’s irons) that deliver a lighter swing weight and improve comfort and consistency on long, mid and short iron shots. Complementing the super light shafts and larger grips, COBRA Golf has designed F-MAX Irons with the following industry-leading super game improvement technologies:
- Lower Profile with Deep Undercut Design – A lower profile clubhead design moves the center-of-gravity low and back for improved launch, while the deeper undercut cavity creates more face flex for maximum ball speeds on off-center hits.
- Progressive Head Construction – Thinner 17-4 stainless steel construction in the long irons (4i-7i) provide improved speed and distance, and a softer 431 stainless steel in the short irons (8i-SW) yield ultra-soft feel and precision.
- Back/Heel CG Weighting – Weight is strategically positioned near the heel to promote a straighter, higher ball-flight.
- Offset Design – a progressive offset hosel creates higher trajectory with added draw bias to eliminate slices resulting in more consistently accurate shots.
- Premium Chrome Finish – A new nickel chrome plating provides beautiful aesthetics and increased durability for great looking, longer lasting irons.
The F-MAX ONE LENGTH™ Irons feature all the same great super game improvement technologies with the simplicity of a single length set make-up. The F-MAX ONE-LENGTH™ Irons have been reengineered to match 7-iron weighting throughout the set, and are designed with optimized constructions for more consistent ball striking, accuracy and distance gapping from long irons to wedges. Larger, midsize grips with reduced taper, improve comfort and consistency, while lighter shafts and swing weights promote maximum clubhead speed and distance for moderate swing speeds. The ONE LENGTH version uses Lamkin REL 360 Midsize Plus grips in blue & red (softer compound standard men’s size in the women’s irons in a pink & blue colorway), with a red & blue COBRA SUPERLITE 60 shaft in graphite in ladies or senior flex. Lastly, the ladies set utilizes a COBRA SUPERLITE 55 shaft in graphite.
“We are excited to be the first to bring ONE LENGTH iron technology to the super game improvement segment of the market,” said Tom Olsavsky, VP of R&D for COBRA Golf. “Allowing senior and women players the simplicity of having one swing and one set-up for their irons, helps make golf a little easier and more fun. And for those players who aren’t quite ready to take the ONE LENGTH iron plunge, we are confident our new F-MAX variable length irons will provide an unmatched level of consistency and accuracy.”
The COBRA GOLF F-MAX Irons are available in a variety of set options. See below for each option and pricing.
- Men’s Steel Irons ($599) – 7-piece set that utilizes True Temper Superlite steel shafts; includes 5-PW and GW available in both right-hand and left-hand versions in stiff, regular and lite flexes.
- Men’s Graphite Combo Set ($699) – 7-piece set that utilizes COBRA SUPERLITE 60 gram shafts; includes 5H, 6-PW, GW available in both right-hand and left-hand versions in stiff, regular and lite flexes.
- Women’s Graphite Combo Set ($699) – 7-piece set that utilizes COBRA SUPERLITE 55 shafts and incudes two hybrids and five irons (5H, 6H, 7-PW and GW) available in both right-hand and left-hand versions.
- Men’s ONE LENGTH Set ($499) – 5-piece set that utilizes COBRA SUPERLITE 60 shaft in a blue & red colorway; includes 6-PW in regular or lite flexes.
- Women’s ONE LENGTH Set ($499) – 5-piece set utilizes COBRA SUPERLITE 55 shafts in Lexi blue & raspberry; includes 7-PW and SW in ladies flex, right-hand only.
The F-MAX Irons family is available beginning August 18, 2017 in the Haggin Oaks Golf Super Shop and online at MortonGolfSales.com.
About COBRA PUMA GOLF
COBRA PUMA GOLF is a corporate division of PUMA SE and combines two strong brands that provide a full range of offerings to the golf industry. COBRA PUMA GOLF is an inclusive company for golfers of all abilities, attitudes and styles who enjoy the game. The portfolio includes COBRA Golf’s high performance drivers, fairways, hybrids and irons, as well as PUMA Golf’s SportLifestyle including footwear, apparel and accessories to help golfers Look Better. Feel Better. Play Better. Fusing performance and style, COBRA PUMA GOLF brings a focus on innovation, technology, compelling design and superior performance with an edge to the global golf marketplace. COBRA PUMA GOLF is a part of PUMA SE, one of the world’s leading lifestyle companies that designs and develops footwear, apparel and accessories. For more information, visit cobragolf.com and cobragolf.com/pumagolf.