Excited about golf? So are we! Ken Morton, Jr. presents his Best Finds in Golf List for 2018
Ken Morton, Jr., VP of Retail and Marketing, for Morton Golf shares his highlights from the recent PGA Merchandise Show in Orlando, Florida. 2018 is going to be an exciting year for golf and we’ve asked Ken to provide his list of the top products that he is most excited to see introduced this spring. These products will be hitting the floor of the Haggin Oaks Golf Super Shop in the coming weeks and months, so stay tuned!
Here is Ken’s Top 16 List for the Best Finds in Golf for 2018
- We have a new granola called Julie’s Real coming. It was the official snack of last year’s President Cup and promoted heavily by Jordan Spieth on the tour. It’s delicious and really good for you.
- A new men’s pant from an up-and-coming apparel vendor called Anderson Ord. That pant is called the Barren and it has a material in it called Elastine. It’s as dressy as any pant we have in the Haggin Oaks Golf Super Shop, but it stretches almost like a pair of spandex bike shorts. Comfy comfy comfy. We’ll be receiving them later this year so be on the lookout for them!
- Miura Golf has a bunch of new forgings coming including the MC501, IC601 and a new Tour Series Wedge.
- There’s a beautiful new line of Titleist Scotty Cameron putters coming with an all new insert for an even better feel than ever. The new 2018 Select Putters will arrive March 30.
- Bettinardi has a new line of all-milled putters as well that look like jewelry they’re so pretty. Already specializing in milling highly sophisticated equipment for the Department of Defense, telecommunications, and medical industries at his own manufacturing facility, Bob Bettinardi believed that he could produce a better product, a putter of superlative quality and precise detail, made right here in the USA. And he was right. He now makes one of the most perfect fully one-piece milled putters on the planet.
- TaylorMade’s new TwistFace technology on their M3 and M4 woods is literally putting a whole new twist on what golf design is.
What is Twist Face? TaylorMade describes it as “radical departure from traditional driver-face design, engineered to take you farther and straighter, right down the center of the fairway.”
- We’re going to be bringing in the Yonex line into the Haggin Oaks Golf Super Shop for the first time in nearly two decades. Lots of new technology there. You can get a sneak peak HERE.
- There’s a new gorgeous high-end putter line called Bloodline that we’re really intrigued about. Here’s a quick look at this new putter line for us:
- The new PING G400 Max driver is testing farther than any PING driver we’ve ever tested by A LOT. It arrived in the shop on February 8 and early feedback is impressive!
- U.S. Kids Golf has a new line of Tour Club available in both a 7pc and 10pc package set- we’ll be carrying both and it’s GREAT for a young lady or man serious about tournament golf. These have arrived and are available now.
- Cobra’s new F8 driver and matching fairways and hybrids were outselling their F7 predecessor by almost 50% in their first few weeks of being out. The KING F8 driver is COBRA’s fastest driver that they have ever made.
- The new men’s Peter Millar line for fall is gorgeous- we’ll be carrying both that and Lacoste as new lines to the store this summer.
- The Tour Edge Hot Launch 3 is an affordable fully-fittable option that’s the best of both worlds- easy on the pocketbook and a tremendous performer.
- The Callaway Rogue probably has the most buzz about it- Jailbreak technology connects the crown and sole, minimizing lost energy from them expanding from one-another. Check out the video above featuring Ken and Jennifer Morton where they discuss the new technology and the introduction of Jailbreak into the full line of Callaway Rogue woods for 2018.
- The XXIO X woods and irons are brand new to the store and for a senior or lady, I’d fairly say that nothing will help you hit it farther than this ultralight line of clubs.
- The Sun Mountain line of golf bags continues to evolve and turn heads with design and features. We’re excited to say that we’ll have a great concept shop built in the coming weeks back in our golf bag department inside the Haggin Oaks Golf Super Shop specific to their products. We’ll post pictures once we start construction on this new endeavor!
The Haggin Oaks Golf Super Shop is located at 3645 Fulton Avenue in Sacramento. Call 916-808-2527 to speak with a sales associate.
What are you excited to see introduced for 2018? Leave your comments below!
This article was written by Ken Morton, Jr and Jennifer Morton of Morton Golf. Click HERE to contact Jennifer via email. She is always excited to hear from readers.