Golf veterans are familiar with the Countess brand from PowerBilt. Introduced in 1968, this lady’s set of clubs quickly became known for quality and value. Today, PowerBilt is introducing a contemporary version of the Countess at a price that truly hits a sweet spot.
For $399.99 MSRP, the buyer gets a complete set:
- A driver featuring a 14-degreee, 460cc head on a 44-inch graphite shaft with a head cover
- Two fairway woods, 18- and 23-degree loft, with graphite shafts and head covers
- One hybrid to replace the six iron, 26-degree loft, with a graphite shaft and head cover
- Six irons, 7-SW,featuring game-improvement cavity-back design with graphite shafts
- A putter with a face insert, steel shaft and head cover
- A cart bag featuring a six-way mesh-lined top, five zipper pockets and Rip-Stop nylon construction, optional stand bag is available in all three colors.
Ironically, the cost today is less than a comparable set of Countess clubs was when it was introduced. “It’s an amazing set for the money,” says PowerBilt President Ross Kvinge. “We’ve incorporated the latest in design technology with a respected brand name at a price that gives ladies the ability to shoot low scores and pay a low price for a top-notch set of clubs.”
The Countess is available in three popular colors: magenta, cyan and lime green. The right-hand model comes in three sizes: standard, petite (1-inch short) and 1-inch long. Left hand comes in standard lengths.
“We believe retailers will find the Countess price point to be a nice sweet spot for this offering,” adds Kvinge. “Plus, the Countess will be easy to sell because it’s a feature-rich set of clubs that has everything going for it – great price, the latest in technology, plus a fashionable design and colors. You can’t go wrong.”