The new PING G425 irons are out with a ton of new features and benefits to help your golf game!
And, to go over everything these new irons come with and if they are right for you, Ken and Lee with PING got together to talk all about these new clubs, check it out:
In a departure from recent iron models, PING’s experts re-engineered the face of the G425 iron by employing a metal-wood-style, variable face thickness (VFT) design.
This greatly increases flexing for measurable ball speed gains that launch shots higher and farther with the stopping power to hold greens – a rare result with most of today’s distance-minded irons.
In the process of creating the new face design, they developed a more compact head that sets a new standard for forgiveness for an iron its size.
While shorter heel-to-toe than the G410 model, it boasts a 3% higher MOI due to mass savings from the new face geometry that have been re-allocated to the toe and hosel weights, which expands the perimeter weighting and greatly tightens dispersion.
Extensive finite element analysis was used to help develop a multi-material cavity badge that covers more of the face to damp undesirable frequencies and ensure a superb feel and pleasing sound.
The G425 irons feature a performance-improving, water-repelling hydropearl chrome finish.
The grooves in the PW, UW, SW and LW are also precision-milled to ensure control and touch into and around the greens.
All of this ultimately comes together to give you an iron that looks great from address and gives you maximum forgiveness and distance to help you play better, more enjoyable golf from the second you pick them up!
G425 Iron Specifications
- Multi-material construction: Hyper 17-4 stainless steel body, 3-piece badge (aluminum, ABS material, damping tape) and tungsten toe/shaft weights
- Available in 10 color codes/lie angles: (Gold/4° flat, Brown/3° flat, Orange/2° flat, Red/1°flat, Black/std, Blue/1° upright, Green/2° upright, White/3° upright, Silver/4° upright, Maroon 5° upright)
- Stock steel shaft: PING AWT 2.0 (R, S, X). Cushin Selective Filtering Insert optional.
- Stock graphite shafts: PING ALTA CB Slate AWT (SR, R, S), ALTA Distanza Black 40
- Aftermarket shaft options (no upcharge): True Temper Dynamic Gold 105 (R300, S300), True Temper Dynamic Gold (S300, X100), True Temper Dynamic Gold 120 (S300, X100), Project X LZ (5.0, 5.5, 6.0, 6.5), True Temper Elevate 95 (R, S), Nippon Pro Modus Tour 105 (S, X), KBS Tour (R, S, X).
- Standard grip: Arccos Caddie Smart Grip (Golf Pride Lite 360 Tour Velvet) in four sizes (Red -1/32″, Aqua -1/64″, White Std., Gold +1/32″)
G425 Iron Lofts:
Std. Power Spec Retro Spec
- 4-IRON 20.5° 19.0° 22.0°
- 5-IRON 23.5° 22.0° 25.0°
- 6-IRON 26.5° 25.0° 28.25°
- 7-IRON 30.0° 28.5° 32.50°
- 8-IRON 34.5° 32.5° 37.0°
- 9-IRON 39.5° 37.5° 42.0°
- PW 44.5° 42.5° 47.0°
- UW 49.5° 47.5° 51.75°
- SW 54.0° 52.5° 56.0°
- LW 58.0° 58.0° 60.0°
G425 Std. Iron Lengths:
- 4-IRON 38 7/8″
- 5-IRON 38 1/4″
- 6-IRON 37 5/8″
- 7-IRON 37″
- 8-IRON 36 1/2″
- 9-IRON 36″
- PW 35 1/2″
- UW 35 1/2″
- SW 35 1/4″
- LW 35″