Jim Flood has invented over 50 golf-related products in the past 35-years. He invented the graphite shaft and founded Aldila and Odyssey Golf, “but this is my greatest creation yet!”
The Jim Flood PowerPod II driver took two years to develop and is designed as the world’s first slice proof driver.
The TigerShark PowerPod II is different by design and features:
- PowerShelf Technology – The PowerShelf precisely locates the CG for optimal ball flight and spin rates, and creates increased carry and distance.
- Anti-Dispersion Design – Patent pending shape and Maximum-Extension hosel technology makes this Jim Flood creation fight the slice for straighter shots.
- Deep Face Technology- The reduced perimeter weighting also allows for the face to be the deepest in golf, producing a larger and higher sweet spot. The PowerPod II Hot Spot requires teeing the ball higher for optimal results.
- Reduced Toe Weighting- The mass of the driver is concentrated directly behind the PowerPod II Hot Spot, generating more transferred energy with less effort.
- Advanced Construction – The PowerPod II’s head features a one-piece casting integrating the face and hosel for greater impact stability. Its forged body provides overall strength and dynamic integrity.
- Lower Spin Rates – Independent player tests have shown that the PowerPod II to have a average spin rate of 2,461 RPM. The spin rate off a driver generally ranges between 2,000 and 4,000 rpm with the average PGA Tour player being around 2,700 RPM. Other leading drivers tested well above 3,000 RPM.
- Increased Smash Factor-Independent player tests showed the PowerPod to have an average smash factor of 1.488, giving the Pod an extra 15-20 yards off the tee for every swing speed. Many of the testers experienced a 1.5 smash factor with the PowerPod II, a number considered to be “perfect”.