A History on Local Sacramento-Area Golf Courses

Today’s blog entry is brought to us by Ken Morton, Sr., CEO of Morton Golf and PGA Master Professional. Sacramento’s first golf course was constructed by a board called Sacramento Country Club. It was nine holes and named “New Golf Links”. It opened in 1902 and closed in 1904. It had a clubhouse and was… Continue reading →

The Swing @ Cancer (Sharing Place) Supports Morton Golf Foundation

It was 1972, when the late Bob Hurst had the idea of creating The First Annual Swing @ Cancer Pro-Am played annually at the Del Paso Country Club to raise money that built the Sharing Place at Sutter Memorial Hospital.  The concept of the Sharing Place is similar to today’s Ronald McDonald House.  The 15… Continue reading →