STX Golf introduced their Sync Series line earlier this year and Frank LaRosa with Golf to Go finds out more with Calvin Peete Jr from STX Golf.
STX Golf is known for their black insert which is the softest legal face in golf. STX was the first company to put a soft insert into a putter back in 1983 which gives STX the distinct advantage of having the USGA grandfather STX into the system. Any other putter company’s insert must be at least 25% firmer than the inserts from STX. And if you don’t like a soft insert, no worries – STX offers three different insert types:
Black – the softest legal face insert material in golf; providing the least amount of skidding and truest roll
Red – medium insert material with a medium dwell time that provides true roll and control. Over a 10′ putt, you’ll get 3 extra inches of distance with the same putting stroke
Green – 15% softer than steel and provides precise feedback for superb control. Ideal for players who like the auditory ‘click’ of firm face steel putters, because the green is 15% softer than steel and you get top-spin 15% earlier in a firm face putter.
- Redesign of the original Sync Tour Pro that was used to win the 2002 PGA Championship
- “Bullet back” style that STX is known for to help keep your stroke on line and provide unprecedented balance and feel
- F.E.E.L. (Friction Enhancing Elastomer Layer) dramatically increases the coefficient of friction to put a greater amount of topspin on the ball and keep your putts on line
- Soft face keeps ball in contact with the putter longer for control
- Redesign of the popular Sync Tour Mallet
- Fuses the “bullet back” style with unique heel and toe design elements to increase the M.O.I
- Heel shafted blade putter with multifaceted alignment aids to keep you square to the hole
- Heel-toe weighted blade putter with a plumbers neck hosel to keep your hands forward during the stroke
- Heel-toe weighted blade putter with a flare neck hosel to keep your hands forward during the stroke