This is a “working manager” position. The staff member in this position is responsible for managing and supervising the restaurant operations with an emphasis on the “front of the house”- which means maintaining high quality and consistent “SMILEY FACE” Customer Service. The major purpose of this position is to make sure the MacKenzie Sports Bar & Grille at Haggin Oaks provides first class presentations of food & beverages as well as providing day to day quality customer service for the purpose of maximizing the opportunities of revenues and profit potential. This position serves as a “backup” for all catering events, which includes supervising all banquet staff and interfacing with guests.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
- Minimum of 2 years of job related experience
- Supervisory experience with the ability to train and mentor staff
- Demonstrates team management, delegation and issue resolution skills and the ability to multi-task
- An understanding of budgeting and managing budgetary costs
- Demonstrates knowledge of polices and product, service, quality, equipment and operation standards
- Requires the ability to speak, read and comprehend instructions, short correspondence and policy documents, as well as converse comfortably with employees and customers
- Ability to work closely with the kitchen staff to ensure that the food quality, quantity, presentation and services is up to standards
- Computer Skills including but not limited to Word, Excel
- Ability to align with Morton Golf Core Values: Honesty, Trust, Integrity, Respect, Caring & Positive Attitude, Commitment to Excellence & Personal Growth, and also Make Work Fun
WAGE SCALE: (Based on Qualifications and Experience)
This is a full time exempt status position. Holidays and weekends are normal work days.
ADDITIONAL BENEFITS/EMPLOYEE DISCOUNTS – covered in the Morton Golf Handbook.
HOW TO APPLY:
Apply in Person at MacKenzie Sports Bar & Grille, 3645 Fulton Ave., Sacramento, CA 95821. Please ask for Rene Gerstmayr.
As a condition of employment, applicant will be required to take a drug test paid for by Morton Golf, LLC and sign a drug-free workplace agreement.