We are looking for a Special Events Sales Specialist to join our team at Haggin Oaks Golf Complex.
Catering sales specialist is responsible for securing new business and maintaining repeat customers for a facility or catering service provider. This is typically done through sales calls, networking, advertising, and social media. Catering sales specialist may also negotiate prices and help clients select their menu. They also draw up and ensure contracts are signed and make sure that any special requests are fulfilled.
· Remain current of national trends in the industry and local market changes to best serve the facility. Establish and maintain relationships with industry influencers and key community and strategic partners for maximum facility usage exposure. Represent the facility at trade shows and community events when required.
· Assists and advises Special Event Sales Director and Marketing (CRM), as necessary, to ensure the successful achievement of the organization’s short and long term goals and objectives.
· Assists and advises Special Event Sales Director, as necessary, to initiate and prepare F&B Catering budget.
· Assist in compiling ongoing sales activity reports for the management team.
· Attends weekly event planning meetings.
· Provides Food & Beverage Manager with accurate event billing information for proper invoicing of clients.
· Verifies space reservations by letter, draw up contracts and obtains signatures and insurance certifications.
· Conducts site tours/visits with potential clients.
· Collects and compiles competitive data regarding services, rentals, and catering.
· Serve as event coordinator, when necessary, during functions to minimize confusion and resolve challenges.
· Consults newspapers, trade journals, websites, social media sites, and other publications to learn about contemplated convention social and meeting activity.
· Schedule and track event requirements within assigned target markets.
· Maintain ongoing relationships and communications with clients and outside contract services for a positive image.
· Gather accurate event information and ensure that event setups are accurate for events and that information is efficiently communicated to staff.
· Manage event contracts including the timely issuance of contracts, estimates, event profiles, and post events summaries.
· Advise event lessees concerning technical and audio/visual requirements.
· Keep the Special Event Sales Director informed on all event negotiations in an efficient and timely manner.
· Communicate and advance all event information to appropriate staff and managers.
· Participate in the development of annual budgets; monitor and manage ongoing event services expenses within budget.
· Continuously research similar area facilities for competitive pricing, level of service, etc.
- Education and/or Experience:
- College degree (BA); or three years of sales and/or operations experience in a similar type facility; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Contact Rickie Basina at firstname.lastname@example.org to apply