FootGolf has been wildly successful at Haggin Oaks since it premiered at our facility six weeks ago. Every week we have more and more people coming out to try this exciting new sport that is gaining quickly in popularity at the Arcade Creek Golf Course at Haggin Oaks.
What is FootGolf? FootGolf combines the games of golf and soccer and the end result is 18 holes of fun for “FootGolfers” of all ages!
We’ve been running a lot of articles on our blog for FootGolf over the past few weeks and today I thought I would cover the basic rules of the game. I would also like to mention that at Haggin Oaks, when you come out for your first round of FootGolf, our goal is to make you feel feel completely comfortable at our facility. We have recently hired a FootGolf Manager, Karl Van Dessel, who will either personally provide you with an orientation to the game at the first tee or have one of our assistants give you the orientation and provide you with a scorecard as well as a rundown of the rules and layout of the FootGolf course.
We have also recently created a new community on Facebook and I’d like to invite you to join us today. Click www.Facebook.com/SacramentoFootGolf to join and learn about upcoming FootGolf events as our Sacramento FootGolf community grows.
Alright, now to the nitty gritty. What are the rules of FootGolf? What do you actually need to know to play this game with your friends?
The Basic FootGolf Rules
- Wear appropriate clothing – golf cap, collared shirt and argyle socks are preferred.
- Your ball must be easy to identify.
- Review the score card and wait for your turn. Make sure your kick will not interfere with other players.
- Kick off your ball from a position up to two meters (6 feet) behind the tee markers.
- The ball must be played in a single movement. You are not allowed to push the ball with the top or bottom of your foot. Your foot should be set separate from the ball, clearly behind, before each kick.
- Wait to play until the ball has completely come to rest. (It is not legal to stop the ball from rolling with the wind).
- Play the ball from where it lies. You are not allowed to move the ball or remove jammed objects. Exception: You may mark the spot and lift the ball when it may obstruct the other player’s kick or ball in any way.
- The player farthest from the hole is the first to kick the ball.
- The order of play is established based on the score of the previous hole. The player with the best score will kick off first on the next hole followed by the second, etc.
- If the ball lands in a water hazard, retrieve or replace it within 2 steps from the closest land point from where the ball entered the hazard (annotated by red line), receiving a one stroke penalty or you can place the ball at the position of the previous kick and receive one stroke penalty.
- Out of bounds markers are annotated with white stakes. Place the ball within 2 steps from where the ball crossed between the white stakes receiving a one stroke penalty.
Haggin Oaks Local FootGolf Rules
- Do not walk on Golf Greens with Soccer Shoes.
- Please see FootGolf Map for routing of each hole.
- The Pace of Play Standard for Golfers and FootGolfers is 2 hours and 15 minutes. Please make sure to keep up with the group in front of you. Groups falling behind our pace of play standard will be moved forward to recapture their position on the course.
- No personal or outside food or beverage is allowed.
- Please respect the golfers.
Now that you know the rules, are you ready to play? Click HERE to book a tee time now.